Petra Franks completed Year 12 in 2012 at Muswellbrook High School and has a list of achievements due to her hardwork and passion for learning. Here’s some of her achievements:
- Petra was a founding student of the Muswellbrook Partnership for Success Program.
- In her Year 12 studies she was the First in Subject recipient for – English Advanced, Extension English 1, Extension English 2 and Legal Studies. In her HSC results she earned a Band 6 [the highest band] in 4 subjects – English Advanced, English Extension 2, Legal Studies and Modern History.
- Petra gained the best HSC score and highest ATAR in the history of Muswellbrook High School for any Aboriginal student.
- In 2012 she was elected as the Vice-Captain of Muswellbrook High School and the President of the Junior Aboriginal Education Consultative Group [AECG].
- Petra’s high achievement was recognised by the local community in awarding her the 2012 Muswellbrook NAIDOC Scholar of the Year.
- In 2011, Petra successfully applied to attend the UNSW Winter School held during the school holidays with candidates selected Australia wide.
- In both 2011 and 2012, Petra participated in the Lioness Youth of the Year Public Speaking Competition and competed through to the regional finals.
- Petra has accepted a place at UNSW studying a double degree in Law/Social Policy Research majoring in Indigenous Studies which she started this year.
An articulate and thoughtful student, Petra approaches all that she does in a mature way, always caring and sensitive to the needs of others. She has a passion for learning, understanding the power of knowledge, and she shares this with others. She conducts herself with dignity and with a highly developed sense of responsibility. She has been an excellent ambassador and role model at all times for the school and community.