Follow the Dream Partnership for Success – Esperance Senior High School was announced as a finalist in the prestigious Department of Aboriginal Affairs Indigenous Service Award at the 2013 Regional Achievement and Community Awards on Friday night 18th October at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Follow the Dream Partnership for Success – Esperance Senior High School was selected from a strong field of nominees and was presented by Lucy Gunn, Executive Director of Community Development, Department of Aboriginal Affairs in front of Over 350 guests from across the State.
Matt Tinney from WIN Television hosted the Awards.
The 2013 nine category winners announced on the night were:
- BUSSELTON FESTIVAL OF TRIATHLON – Perth Airport Events and Tourism Award
- ROEBUCK BAY WORKING GROUP of Broome – CSBP Environment Award
- ROBERT CARTER of Northam – Curtin University Teaching Excellence Award
- GEOGRAPHE CATCHMENT COUNCIL of Busselton – LandCorp Sustainability Award
- SENIORS RECREATION COUNCIL PEEL BRANCH – Prime Super Community of the Year Award
- REFAP PTY LTD of Karratha – Rinehart Development of Northern Regional WA Award
- HONOURING INDIGENOUS WAR GRAVES – Department of Aboriginal Affairs Indigenous Service Award
- JIMMY O’ROURKE of Bunbury – Horizon Power Leadership & Innovation Award
- DANDARAGAN ORGANIC BEEF – Keystart Home Loans Primary Producer of the Year Award
- GO NAREMBEEN PROGRESS ASSOCIATION – Department of Local Government and Communities – Community Group of the Year Award
BUSSELTON FESTIVAL OF TRIATHLON was named the overall State winner: The Department of Regional Development Regional Achievement and Community Award winner.
Winners each received a $2,000 Smart Access Bank Account from the Commonwealth Bank.
FOLLOW THE DREAM PARTNERSHIP FOR SUCCESS -ESPERANCE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL is a volunteer program for high achieving Aboriginal students. Operating since 2003, the program provides after school tuition, individual mentoring, support and case management, to assist students in completing year 12 and obtaining university entry. The program now operates in 25 public schools throughout WA and services approximately 600 students.
Further details about Follow the Dream Partnership for Success – Esperance Senior High School is available by contacting the office on the number or email below.
For further information please contact the Awards office on
(08) 9201 1155, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.awardsaustralia.com